November 3, 2014

The Most Frustrating Hotel Rate Changes

In the past I've written about how I'll always only book flexible hotel rates. I should modify that statement, since I now live in hotels full time and have changed my policy slightly -- now I'll only book flexible rates, except within a few days of arrival. If I'm booking only a couple of days in advance and there's still a non-refundable rate, I'll often lock that in if the rate difference is substantial.


But in general, why do I avoid non-refundable rates?


-- Sometimes my plans do change, even when I don't foresee it, and it sucks to basically forfeit the cost of the hotel stay

-- The bigger reason is that rates often drop as the stay date approaches -- if a hotel has lots of rooms left to sell, they might drop the price


The post The Most Frustrating Hotel Rate Changes appeared first on One Mile at a Time.






from One Mile at a Time http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/11/03/the-most-frustrating-hotel-rate-changes/