February 19, 2015

Delta’s New 20 Minute Checked Baggage Guarantee

One of the things that has always impressed me about Alaska Airlines is their 20 minute baggage guarantee. They guarantee that checked bags will arrive at the carousel within 20 minutes of your plane arriving in the gate, or else you receive a $25 Alaska discount code or 2,500 Mileage Plan miles.


The way Alaska handles checked bags really makes you wonder where other airlines go wrong. I've checked Alaska bags dozens of times, and they've always arrived within 20 minutes. As a matter of fact, they're the only airline I consistently check bags on. Since they start boarding earlier than just about any other airline, I usually just check bags with them and then board last minute.


I've asked people at Alaska about this policy, and they're quite modest about it. They've always told me something along the lines of "well it really isn't that difficult once you set the standard that our employees and ground handling contract workers have to follow." And it works.


The post Delta’s New 20 Minute Checked Baggage Guarantee appeared first on One Mile at a Time.






from One Mile at a Time http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/02/19/deltas-new-20-minute-checked-baggage-guarantee/