February 23, 2015

If Teleportation Were Invented, Would You Miss Flying?

Reader Eric left an interesting question on the "Ask Lucky" page the other day, which I've been putting some thought into:


"I’m in Chennai for business, having flown BA in WT+ via LHR. I’m 46 now, and I finally came to realize, as I was suffering in what is essentially a glorified economy class, that I just want to get to my destination. Hours spent in an aircraft, while a miracle of technology and which has opened up the world, is just not enjoyable. Granted, I was thinking this in premium economy, with my 6’6″ frame stuffed into a small seat.


I was asking myself – if teleportation was invented tomorrow, would I miss flying? I’ve been lucky enough to take a lot of revenue and award travel internationally in business and first, and I wondered if I would miss flying if I only flew in the comfort of these cabins.


I weighed the pros and cons. The fatigue of traveling, of transiting airports, of waiting for flights, of delayed flights, of 10+ hours spent in high altitude, dry air of the cabins. I realized that at my age, I’d rather avoid that if I would be able to arrive in the snap of the fingers."


The post If Teleportation Were Invented, Would You Miss Flying? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.






from One Mile at a Time http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/02/23/if-teleportation-were-invented-would-you-miss-flying/